Monday 5 December 2011

Secrets


I'm trying to take Gill's good advice from Inkpaperpen and draw out some of my work into longer pieces by running stories together, so here goes - this follows from Sacrifice which you can read here

“They’ll always catch you up”, Ella's Grandma had said. Wiping her hands on her checked apron, she turned and shook her head at the 5 year old licking the mixing spoon – “they’ll always catch you up , secrets and lies”.

She gently smiled at the memory as she considered what to do, to keep it a secret or to tell? No-one really knew, they had their theories of course but no-one knew who the father was, not even him.  For the moment she could hold her knowledge close, it didn’t matter, it had no bearing on today or tomorrow or the next day.



4 comments:

  1. I really like how you continued the story here, and added the twist! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly got a lot out of 5 sentences - found the story very intriguing! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Very clever! I love how you have continued on the story -that is actually a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so pleased you took my advice. You know, I love your writing. Intriguing story line, I'd love to read more. I love the use of flashback to add to the story, you are able to get a lot in just a few sentences. Well done.

    Are you working with a story in mind or just writing and seeing where it goes? Either way, a story is evolving already.

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments so I can develop my writing!